If you are interested in travelling to a place to witness the local festivals then one of the best places to visit is China. The world famous Chinese New Year is one of the most eminent festivals which is celebrated with great grandeur and it’s celebrated in the first few months of the year. In the year happy new year quotes in english it’s due to be celebrated February 10th. It is the longest festival of the world and it is spectacularly presented every year. The Chinese traditions and customs come alive during this time and it’s a very important time for people to spend time with their families as well. It can be said in a nutshell that the Chinese New Year shows the true essence of China and its culture and it’ll be an experience you’ll never forget.
Booking the tickets
If you plan to travel to China in time for the Chinese New Year then you need to book your tickets in advance. Booking it 4 to 5 months in advance can help you get cheap airplane deals as during the holiday season the rush is high and so is the price of the tickets.
Main attractions of the Chinese New Year festival
- The Chinese New Year Festival is also known as the Spring Festival or the Lunar New Year too.
- The celebrations start around the eve of the New Year and families come together to have a traditional reunion dinner this day. The celebrations start all over China from the next day onwards. The tradition is to prepare more food than that’s necessary so that it stands for a symbol of never ending wealth and prosperity.
- People buy new clothes in tones of yellow and orange mostly. They wear new bright clothes and go out in the streets.
- The streets are the main attraction centers. Food stalls, shows, theaters, games and magic shows are present in the street. There are a lot of cultural shows also held which tell about various aspects of Chinese history and culture.
- On the 15th day, the main Lion Dance Troupe takes place. Many dancers take part in this festive dance with various costumes and the main Lion Costume as the focus.